Well, I got to spend Saturday morning enjoying snowboarding for one last go of the season.  I got up bright and early (and as anyone who's gone with me on a weekend should know, I usually fight with all of my might going up early), as to avoid lines and get the best snow.  It was a great decision on my part.  The snow for the past few weeks had been super wet, hard to carve, and not a whole lot of fun to be in.  We finally got a big storm in this week, the few days before I got to go up. I was there for about 2.5 solid hours, run after run after run.  I was supposed to go to a funeral with my friend, which is another reason I got up there early, however after I had gotten down off the mountain, she said she didn't need me to go with her anymore.  So that left me all afternoon to be home with the dogs.  It was odd being home.  I haven't been home for that long of a period in a long long time.  I ended up watching documentaries on titanic all day and napping.  Yep, I napped, and it was wonderful.  That night was Brooke's b-day celebration, and I had bought her present MONTHS ago so I couldn't wait to give it to her (I got her the Elder Wand... yep, nerdy).
Sunday I decided would be my transition:  I went for a bike ride.  However it was freezing, so I only did a short ride to my yoga studio to see how long it took to get there (no more than 20 minutes!) and then rode around Ogden while the streets weren't busy so I could plan out routes, etc.  Later that day, it finally warmed up so I went on my normal "canyon and back" ride.  I think this ride is between 12-14 miles, depending on what trail I go on.  So that was basically 20 miles under my belt yesterday.  Next time it's warm weather, and I have a few hours, I want to ride to see just how far I can go.  Exhaust myself and then turn around.  lol.  Have someone on-call in case I have to be picked up somewhere. 
I'm bummed that snowboarding is over with, but I really do enjoy spring/summer better.  I'm excited to get those festivities underway.

0 comments: