When we were getting ready to head out to Craig and Jera's this weekend, I took Bella potty in our front yard, where she spotted something laying in the dirt. I sent Bella and Taylor inside while I did some investigating. On the side of my driveway, this little guy (or girl?) was just laying there. First thoughts were that this was a small cat that may have gotten hit by a car and came to rest there. However, upon further investigation, I discovered that it was a raccoon! I got my phone out, and tried to find the number for animal control. At this point I still thought the poor thing was dead..... until a fly landed on his back and SWAT, his tail moved! He began rolling over, took one look at me, and rolled back into his first position. He moved his back leg up onto the driveway, it looked like he was just relaxing! He rolled around a few more times, and that's when I got the pictures. The little guy was covered in mud, but I couldn't find any outside indications that he was hurt. I tried calling Ogden Animal Control, however no one answered, and at that point the raccoon stood up and started walking away. My neighbor came out, and was watching him stroll down the street onto our other neighbors driveway, where he parked himself one more time and fell back asleep. I think he may have had some internal problems, because raccoons don't just move like that! However Tim and I were running late and we had to get on the road, so I tried animal control one more time- and of course no answer. When we came back, the raccoon was gone, hopefully on his way back to his house. Here are a few pictures that I snapped of him. Good thing for the ZOOM option on my camera!


He looks dead in this one.... but he was just sleepin!

His eyes are open!


Close up of his face


Posing for the camera


I love this one! He's just chillin with his foot up on the driveway

1 comments:

lynandsky said...

Ahhhh, that is so cute! I thought it was going to be a "real" new pet and I couldn't believe that Tim was allowing that! LOL